Our fast, communicative approach where you file is always up to date will ensure your sale will complete sooner.We carry out the legal work to sell your property, acting on your behalf to protect your interests until the time that the property is no longer your responsibility. We prepare the Contract for sale and provide to the legal representatives of the Buyer information relating to who owns the property and has the legal right to sell it.
There may be a chain of Buyers and Sellers, where each purchase is linked to a sale. These chains may be comprised of any number of buyers and sellers, and can lead to delays. Where such situations arise we are proactive in ensuring that all parts of the chain We are a proactive firm who are willing to chase parties involved to ensure the transaction is driven forward to completion as quickly as possible.
Below are brief details of the process on a sale and what we do…
We look to get the Buyer in a position to Exchange of Contracts as quickly as possible.
To get to this point we:
1. Obtain the title documents from the Land Registry.
2. Issue a draft Contract with supporting title documentation to the Buyer’s Lawyer.
3. Reply to any enquiries raised by the Buyers Lawyer.
4. Agree with the Buyer’s Lawyer a completion date which suits all parties.
5. Obtain the signature to the Contract in readiness of Exchange of Contracts.
On Exchange of Contracts – the commits the Buyer is committed to buy the Property at the agreed price and on the set date.
After Exchange of Contracts we:
1. Obtain a repayment figure from any mortgage lender.
2. Notify the selling agents (if any) that exchange of Contracts has been affected and request that they issue their commission account to us in readiness for completion.
3. Provide the financial information for approval
On the Completion Day we:
1. Receive purchase monies from the Buyer’s Lawyer.
2. Repay all mortgages.
3. Pay the selling agents fees.
4. Transfer any balance.